Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
I am a native English-speaking counselor trained in the US. I work with international students, ex-pats and people looking for therapeutic support in English. Stylistically I practice with passion and curiosity, as well as a bit of humor and – when it is called for – gentle challenge.
My integrated approach (Somatic, Gestalt, Narrative) of therapy cultivates and strengthens the relationship between mind and body. This creates a more congruent experience that allows us to have awareness into our actions and emotions as we move through the world.
With new awareness toward our old patterns we can examine uncomfortable experiences with the same tenderness and curiosity we often reserve for others, and begin to heal and move toward something new.
I work with adults with questions or anxieties about their identity and belonging in the world. If you are looking to deepen your curiosity and understanding of your actions and patterns, relationship dynamics, or if you are seeking a therapist for anxiety or depression.
- Intercultural relationships, migration and cultural bereavement, “trailing” partners/spouses, relationship communication
- Anxiety, depression, isolation and loneliness
- Gender identity, sexual & affectional orientation, nonmonogamy, Queerness, identity politics and woke culture
- Grief and loss
- Mindfulness and meditation, grounding, distress tolerance and skill building
Master of Arts in Multicultural Clinical Mental Health Counseling (University of Colorado, USA)
In 2008 Ibegan my career in the mental health field working at an intensive private residential treatment center for children (ages 8 -14). The organization specialized in treatment of Reactive Attachment Disorder using the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics and consultation with Dr. Bruce Perry.
I moved to Colorado for my master’s program and began direct care with adolescents (ages 14 – 20) who were required to stay in therapeutic residential treatment by the judicial system.
In 2015 I joined the team of a private residential treatment center that assisted adults in managing symptoms of severe mental illness and psychosis, providing both direct care to clients and eventually supervising counselors-in-training.
In 2015 I also graduated from my master’s program in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with a focus on Multicultural Counseling and began my private counseling practice. My desire was to provide affordable, integrative and affirming counseling services to the Queer community and other groups traditionally underserved by psychotherapy.
Recognized Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC.0014536) and member of:
- American Counseling Association
- World Professional Association for Transgender Health
- International Association for Resilience and Trauma Counseling
- National Board of Certified Counselors
- Society for Sexual, Affectional, Intersex and Gender Expansive Identities